1990 to 1993
- Morris International brings Craftsman into major motorsports as the “Official Tools of NASCAR, NHRA and IndyCar.” As part of our overall motorsports marketing program for Sears, Morris International creates the first-ever Sears Craftsman Tool Truck to test the concept of selling Sears Craftsman Tools throught tool trucks.
- Morris International also created and implements sponsorship of a major national Drag Racing event for Craftsman – – The Craftsman Nationals.
- Morris International secured associate tool sponsorships and coordinates top race teams in NASCAR, NHRA, IRL and CART to represent Craftsman.
CRAFTSMAN TRUCK SERIES
Morris International brings Craftsman in as the primary sponsorship of NASCAR’s newest racing series. The NASCAR SuperTruck Series by Craftsman roars off the starting line with enthusiastic crowds and large live television audiences. The birth of the series is hailed as a smashing success by the media, participants, sponsors and NASCAR. The Craftsman Truck Series teams have included PJ Jones, Scott Lagassee, Jack Sprague, Rick Carelli, John Nemechek and Terry Labonte.
- The Craftsman NHRA teams have included John Force, Al Hofmann, Shelly Anderson, Randy Anderson, Gary Densham, Cristen Powell, and Connie Kalitta.
- The Craftsman IRL teams have included AJ Foyt, Robby Gordon, Eddie Cheever, Scott Pruett, and 1992 IndyCar Series Champion, Bobby Rahal.
- The craftsman CART teams have included Adrian Fernandez, Scott Pruett, Bobby Rahal, Bryan Herta, Gil de Ferran, and Christian Fittipaldi.